Transferring to EKU can be a great opportunity for you! Eastern Kentucky University admits more than 1,000 transfer students a year to on-campus programs. EKU transfer students come from community colleges, four-year universities, out-of-state schools and abroad, drawn to the Campus Beautiful. Many of them receive transfer scholarships for the work they have done at their previous institutions. Find out if you could earn one of EKU’s transfer scholarships.
Transfer Student Scholarships*
|Scholarship Name||Annual Award||Qualifying College GPA|
- Students must have earned a minimum of 24 college credits to be eligible.
- Students must maintain an EKU GPA of 3.0+ and be enrolled full-time to retain award.
- Maximum award is for three (3) academic years (fall and spring).
- Students enrolled in 100% online programs are not eligible.
- Students who have already earned a baccalaureate degree are not eligible.
- Only in-state students are eligible.
*All out-of-state transfer students from any U.S. state benefit from a $4,612 discount. If an international student transfers to EKU from another college/university in the United States and has earned 24 hours or more, they would also be eligible for the out-of-state tuition discount.
**Nationally sponsored students are not eligible for reduced tuition.
Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Scholarship
All on-campus transfer students who are Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) chapter members in good standing at their current community college or who have recently graduated from the community college connected to their PTK affiliation are eligible to receive a $1,500 annual scholarship. This renewable scholarship is stackable with other university merit based scholarships and out-of-state tuition discounts. Recipients will be automatically added as auxiliary members of the EKU Chapter of the Tau Sigma Honor Society.
- Complete a minimum of 24 credits prior to EKU transfer.
- Have a minimum of a 3.5 cumulative GPA at time of EKU admission.
- Be admitted to the university seeking a first bachelor’s degree as an on-campus student.
- Present verifiable evidence of PTK membership by these published deadlines:
- March 15 for summer
- June 15 for fall
- November 15 for spring
- Maintain a cumulative EKU GPA of a 3.0 and complete at least 12 hours each semester to be eligible for renewal.
Important Policies and Guidelines
– EKU Admissions must receive (1) your EKU Application for Admission and (2) copies of all official transcripts by these deadlines. Students must make transcript requests from previous institutions at least 2 weeks in advance of these deadlines:
- April 15 for summer session
- June 15 for fall semester
- November 15 for spring semester
– Transfer student scholarships are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those students earning at least 24 hours after high school graduation. Awards are made based on the cumulative GPA at the time of admission to EKU.
– Scholarship recipients are required to enroll and complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester while maintaining a 3.0 EKU cumulative GPA.
– The scholarship can be received for a total of 6 consecutive Fall and Spring semesters.
– Students enrolled in a 100% online degree program are not eligible for transfer scholarships.
– Students who have already earned a baccalaureate degree are not eligible for transfer scholarships.
– Scholarship notifications will be sent via email once decisions are made.
Student Outreach and Transition Office (SOTO)
Find out everything you need to know about transferring to EKU at the SOTO website or call 859-622-7686 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. SOTO also has the EKU Transfer Self-Service Center where you can quickly get answers about your specific situation.