Step up to lead change in healthcare, and do it at your own pace with Eastern Kentucky University’s respected, online Doctor of Nursing Practice program. Ranked among the top 50 online graduate nursing programs in the country by U.S. News and World Report, this practice-focused degree prepares you to make a difference for patients at all levels. Take advantage of perks like individualized mentorship for your DNP project and beyond. Learn more below.
|Doctor of Nursing Practice (post-MSN)|
- Master’s degree in nursing from an accredited program
- Free and unrestricted RN or APRN license from an approved state
- 3.0 graduate GPA
- Completed application and supporting documentation:
- All academic transcripts
- Professional statement that is no longer than 750 words addressing the following:
- Discuss your professional goals as a DNP graduate.
- Describe your understanding of the role of the DNP-prepared nurse.
- Discuss your experience with online learning and how you will assure that you are successful in the online DNP program.
- Briefly describe a health or health care delivery problem with a proposed improvement project.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume of professional experience
- Occupational profile
Admission to the DNP program is competitive, and an interview may also be requested.
Job Opportunities for Graduates
- Organizational leadership
- Nurse executive
- Nurse practitioner
- Clinical nursing management
- Health systems leadership
- Quality improvement coordinator
- Nursing care coordinator
- Health systems policy development
Ready to apply?
Visit the EKU Graduate School website to get started.