If you dream of making a difference through healthcare, then Eastern Kentucky University’s Master of Science in Nursing degree may be the right path for you. Through two unique concentrations, you can prepare for a career as a nurse practitioner working with both physical and mental health components. EKU’s program is nationally accredited through the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and has a 98% first attempt pass rate for certification exams.
|MSN||Post MSN Certificate|
|Rural Health Family Nurse Practitioner||Family Nurse Practitioner|
|Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner||Psych Mental Health|
|Psych Mental Health – Family|
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a nationally-accredited program
- RN license from an approved state that is free and unrestricted, meaning that it has not been subject to reprimand, revocation, probation, suspension, restriction, limitation, disciplinary action, discretionary review/hearing or encumbrance nor had any type of complaint filed against it
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- 3-hour graduate or undergraduate course in statistics with a grade of “C” or higher
- At least one year of RN experience when the application is submitted
Admission is competitive. Selection is based on careful consideration of all application materials, including but not limited to academic transcripts, the applicant’s professional statement, three required professional references and professional work experience. In addition to the criteria listed, an interview may be requested.
Career Opportunities for Graduates
- Rural Health Family Nurse Practitioner:
- Federally qualified rural health centers (FQRHC)
- Primary care clinics
- Urgent treatment centers
- Retail clinics
- Private practice
- Fast track emergency department
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner:
- Nursing leadership
- Private practice
Ready to apply?
Visit the EKU Graduate School website to get started.
Online Nursing Degrees & Certificates
Rural Health Family Nurse Practitioner:
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: