If you would like to extend your chemical knowledge and skills, then consider the Eastern Kentucky University Master of Science: Chemistry program. This program will prepare you for further study in chemistry or biomedical sciences and careers in industry, government service and more.
- B.S. in Chemistry
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- GRE Scores:
- Verbal: >144;
- Quantitative: >150
- GRE waived for EKU students applying to the M.S. program through the 3+2 accelerated dual degree program
Internship Opportunities for Grad Students
Only a limited number of graduate assistantships (GAs) are available to full-time students with outstanding academic records. Acceptance into the program does not guarantee a GA and each student must apply if interested. If selected for a GA, duties may include laboratory supervision and teaching. Stipends are competitive and include a tuition waiver to cover a portion of the tuition. Students in the 3+2 program are eligible for the GA in the last semester of their senior year after they have applied for graduation for their bachelor’s degree. Those awarded assistantships must continually maintain a GPA of at least 3.0. After you have been accepted to the M.S. Chemistry program, you may apply for a graduate assistantship on the EKU Employment Website (search for chemistry positions). Visit the Graduate Assistantship Website for more information.
Where are Recent Graduates?
- Completing Ph.D. studies in schools such as:
- The University of Kentucky
- The University of Louisville
- The Ohio State University
- University of Maryland – College Park
- Texas A&M
- Working in government and industrial labs
- Working in agricultural, chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- Teaching in middle and high schools
Ready to apply?
Visit the EKU Graduate School website to get started.