Are you interested in a career in public service? The Eastern Kentucky University Master of Public Administration program may be for you. This program will prepare you for a career that enables you to serve others, make a difference, and change the lives of those in your community.
|Community Development||Community Development|
|Interdisciplinary Studies||Interdisciplinary Studies|
|Emergency Management and Disaster Resilience||Emergency Management and Disaster Resilience|
|Nonprofit Management||Nonprofit Management|
Applicants to the MPA program may qualify for clear admission by meeting both the MPA graduate program requirements below and the admission requirements of the EKU Graduate School. The complete application must consist of the following admission materials:
- Graduate School Application and Fee
- GRE or GMAT (not required)
- Resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Official Transcripts
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Statement of career goals and objectives
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Affirmation of character and fitness for graduate education in public administration (Students who cannot affirm their character and fitness must include a statement explaining their past actions to be reviewed by the program faculty.)
Job Opportunities for Graduates
- Human resources managers
- Education administrators, postsecondary
- Training and development specialists
- Public relations and funding managers
- Management analysts
- Compensation, benefits and job analysis specialists
- Policy analysts, program managers, budget analysts, researchers, elected officials, program evaluators, grant writers, community and economic development specialists and government liaison specialists
Where are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Federal government agencies
- In-state agencies
- Regional and local government
- Non-profit organizations
Ready to apply?
Visit the EKU Graduate School website to get started.