Do you want to pursue a quantitative career in government or industry? The Eastern Kentucky University Master of Arts in Applied Mathematics can give you the necessary background in mathematics and statistics for your future endeavors. Are you a teacher who wants to advance your career? Through the EKU Master of Arts in Applied Mathematics program, you can increase your skill in mathematics while also advancing your rank.
|Applied Mathematics and Statistics|
- GRE Scores of 144 or higher on Verbal Reasoning and 147 or higher on Quantitative Reasoning
- Applicants with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher are exempt from the GRE requirement.
- An undergraduate grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- Prerequisites for the core courses:
- Six hours of calculus and courses in linear algebra and statistics would be sufficient.
- Applicants who do not have this preparation may be granted admission without the prerequisites but are required to take the courses needed to strengthen their backgrounds.
- Students seeking a change in Kentucky Teacher rank must have initial certification in secondary mathematics.
Where are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Various school systems in Kentucky
- Government agencies
- Consulting agencies
- Community colleges
- Medical centers
Ready to apply?
Visit the EKU Graduate School website to get started.