Do you want to be part of a dynamic, supportive community of students who want to achieve their academic and professional goals? Eastern Kentucky University’s Honors Program provides unique, seminar-style courses with faculty who are dedicated to helping you succeed. You can travel the country presenting your research at conferences and study abroad with our Trailblazer Grants. Our $2 million endowment means you won’t pay a fee to join our program and each EKU Honors student receives a $1000/year scholarship. Most importantly, you’ll make friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Complete the separate EKU Honors application after you’re accepted to EKU.
- EKU Honors uses a holistic approach to reviewing applications. We don’t have a minimum ACT/SAT score or GPA required to apply or be accepted.
- Applications include a résumé, a short essay, a creative short answer and a recommendation form.
- Apply by our priority deadline of January 15 to receive your EKU Honors decision by mid-February.
- Final application deadline is March 1.
What do EKU Honors Scholars do after graduation?
- Begin graduate and professional degrees at institutions across the country
- Utilize the large EKU Honors alumni network to find employment in their career field
- Travel the world teaching English as a second language
- Live out EKU Honors’ culture of service in their communities
- All EKU Honors students receive the EKU Honors Scholarship, a $1000/year award renewable for four (4) years. This scholarship can be stacked with other EKU merit scholarships and awards.
- Students who do not qualify for a higher level of EKU merit scholarship will receive the Honors Provost Award of up to $4000/year.