If you enjoy both healthcare and business, then Eastern Kentucky University’s Health Services Administration could be the perfect program for you. This program is ideal for students who want to pursue a career in healthcare administration or as a specialist in health informatics. Aside from classroom knowledge, you will gain field experience and observation through professional practice experience (PPE) at local hospitals and health care facilities.
|B.S. in Health Services Administration|
|Health Informatics and Information Management|
- Institutional GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Completion of general education requirements (at least 75%)
- Completion of each course in the Pre-HSA curriculum with a grade of C or better after a maximum of two attempts
Job Opportunities for Graduates
- Cancer registrar
- Case mix analyst
- Health data analyst
- Database administrator
- Clinical research assistant
- Nursing home administrator
- Clinical education coordinator
- Physician practice administrator
- Coding/Reimbursement consultant
- Hospital department director/supervisor
- Performance improvement (quality management) coordinator
Where are Recent Graduates Employed?
- Cancer Registrar, Norton Healthcare-Louisville, Ky.
- Case Mix Analyst, The John Hopkins Hospital-Baltimore, Md.
- Business Analyst, Kentucky Health Information Exchange (KHIE)
Students in the EKU Health Services Administration program are eligible to apply for the following scholarships: