Become a leader in education. Eastern Kentucky University’s doctoral program in Educational Leadership and Policy Studies will prepare you to positively impact schools and communities. Learn to think critically, communicate effectively, and conduct and apply research in this prestigious program. Learn more below.
|Doctor of Education|
|Curriculum Leadership for Social Justice|
|Leadership, Policy Studies, and Social Justice|
Applications are due by March 1 for admission in the following fall semester. Applications received after March 1 may be considered for Spring admission pending availability of openings in the programs.
Admission to the EKU Doctor of Education program is based upon the following entrance requirements:
- Earned a master’s degree in education or a related field.
- Must have professional experience (preference will be given to those with leadership experience). The decision to admit students to the doctoral program is a collective judgment of the faculty and represents their determination of the likelihood of the applicant’s success in all major phases of the degree program. These judgments take into account the applicant’s professional experiences, communication and thinking skills, and other relevant capabilities. Thus, an applicant is not automatically admitted on the basis of meeting the minimal criteria.
A completed application packet includes the following:
- Completed graduate school and concentration applications
- Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- Resume of professional experience
- Score reports from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test if the graduate GPA is less than 3.5
- At least three letters of recommendation—including at least one each from a peer, a supervisor and a college/university faculty member
- Writing sample from previous graduate program that exemplifies applicant’s writing and research skills
Job Opportunities for Graduates
- Leadership positions in schools and communities
Ready to apply?
Visit the EKU Graduate School website to get started.