The need for well-trained school and mental health counselors grows every year. Meet the demand with Eastern Kentucky University’s unique, accredited Counselor Education and Supervision doctoral program. Choose your specialization and tailor the program to your career goals. Check out your options below.
|Ed.D. in Counselor Education and Supervision|
|Mental Health Counseling|
To be admitted to this program, you will need:
- A 60-hour master’s degree in a related field from a CACREP accredited program or its equivalent with a 3.5 GPA
- Three years of professional experience
- Completed application packet, including:
- Complete undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Resume of professional experience
- GRE or MAT score reports
- A brief essay describing the relationship between the applicant’s professional goals and their chosen Ed.D. program concentration area
- At least three letters of recommendation – including at least one each from a peer, supervisor and a college/university faculty member
In this program, you will work with your advisor and doctoral committee to design a personalized internship experience, which will help you develop a specialization in chosen areas such as play therapy, career counseling, group counseling and other areas. Learn more from the doctoral handbook (PDF, 703 Kb).
Career Opportunities for Graduates
- School counselor
- Clinical mental health counselor
- Administrative leadership in mental healthcare
- Counselor educator
Ready to apply?
Visit the EKU Graduate School website to get started.