The Department of Physics, Geosciences, and Astronomy offers bachelor of science degrees in the areas of environmental and applied geology and in physics. We also offer a university certificate in geography information science and several minors.
Bachelor of Science Degree Programs
Our curriculum guides and 4-Year planners (below) can help students plan their academic progress by listing the necessary classes as well as an example 4-year schedule.
- Environmental and Applied Geology, B.S. (Academic Concentration)
- Environmental and Applied Geology, B.S. (Professional Concentration)
- Physics, B.S. (General Concentration)
- Physics, B.S. (Engineering Physics Concentration)
- Physics, B.S. (Teaching Concentration)
Certificate in Geographic Information Science (GIS)
Our university certificate in GIS can be added to a B.S. degree or pursued as a separate certification. This certificate can be completed with 24 hours of coursework on topics that prepare students to enter the workforce in areas that use GIS.
Our minors range from 18-21 hours. Specifics on each can be found in our EKU Catalog.
- Earth Science/Teaching
- Environmental Geosciences