Richmond Centre offers a great selection of stores in a beautifully landscaped open-air environment located on exit 87 from I-75 — just one mile from campus. Stores include Belk, JC Penney, Michael’s, Home Goods and T. J. Maxx, to name just a few, along with a variety of restaurants. Richmond Centre also houses Cinemark Theatre featuring 12 screens playing the newest releases. A variety of other shopping venues can be found in downtown and throughout the city.
Entertainment, Parks and Recreation
- EKU Center for the Arts is Central Kentucky’s premier live entertainment and arts destination.
- Galaxy Bowling and Entertainment Center offers special rates for college night.
- Lake Reba Recreational Complex has something for everyone featuring nature trails, batting cages, putt-putt golf, horseshoes, boating, fishing, a playground, Gibson Bay Golf Course and Paradise Cove Water Park.
- E.C. Million Memorial Park is perfect for a leisurely day out with walking trails, picnic tables and shelters.
- E.C. Million Park offers options for the active lifestyle or for relaxing with two playgrounds, tennis courts, soccer fields, a walking trail, picnic tables and shelters.
- Battle of Richmond Visitors Center and Driving Tour
- Fort Boonesborough State Park
- Hummel Planetarium and Space Theater (on EKU’s Campus!)
Lexington Area Attractions
- Ashland, The Henry Clay Estate
- Aviation Museum of Kentucky
- Jean Farris Winery and Bistro
- Keeneland Race Course
- Kentucky Horse Park – Home of the ROLEX Three-Day Event
- Talon Winery and Vineyards
- The Arboretum Nature Preserve
- Whitaker Bank Ballpark – Home of the Lexington Legends
- Rupp Arena – Concerts and more
Quick and Easy: Popular fast-food restaurants are plentiful in Richmond. Many are located close to exits 87 and 90 just off I-75.
Leisurely Meals: Well-known restaurants in Richmond include Olive Garden, Logan’s Roadhouse, Golden Corral, O’Charley’s, Texas Roadhouse, Cracker Barrel and Red Lobster. Most are conveniently located on exits 87 and 90.
Local Flavor: For a variety of food with local flair, Richmond is home to:
- Madison Garden: wide array of food in a fun environment
- The Paddy Wagon Irish Pub: great food and live music
- Babylon Café: traditional Greek and Mediterranean food
- Purdy’s Coffee Co.: soups, sandwiches, salads, coffee and baked treats
- Thai Smile: Thai food for every pallet from mild to mega-hot
- Casa Fiesta and Casa Café: for EKU Colonels with a taste for Mexican food
Spending the Night
- Best Western Holiday Plaza 859-623-9220
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott 859-353-4860
- Comfort Suites 859-624-0770
- Hampton Inn 859-626-1002
- Holiday Inn Express 859-624-4055
- Tru By Hilton 859-544-6312
- Days Inn 859-624-5769
- LaQuinta Inn 859-623-9121
- Red Roof Inn 859-625-0084